The fabulous late summer collaboration between Rocky Ford Growers Association (the melon guys!), Greenlight Lab (5280's Best Cocktail Menu from this year's Top of the Town list and one of Thrillist's' Best Bars in Denver Right Now), and The Family Jones distillery (5208’s Editors Choice and People's Choice - Best Distillery): Rocky Ford Cocktail Week!
Greenlight Lab bar manager Ty Webb worked with local distiller The Family Jones to create the cocktails that celebrate the bounty of Colorado's harvest season, and showcase the incomparable flavor of Rocky Ford Growers Association family-farmed Cantaloupe, Watermelon, and Honeydew.
The Rocky Ford Cocktail Flight of 3 cocktails features:
- Rocky Ford Cantaloupe, The Family Jones Stopgap Rye, Rocky Ford Cantaloupe juice, Bitter Truth Elderflower Liqueur and lemon
- Rocky Ford Honeydew, The Family Jones Mo Jones Rum, Rocky Ford Honeydew juice, John D. Taylors Velvet Falernum, and lime
- Rocky Ford Watermelon, The Family Jones Juniper Jones Gin, Rocky Ford Watermelon juice, Calisaya Cinchona Liqueur, and lime
Greenlight Lab is a hip artsy, speakeasy-style bar pouring innovative drinks alongside a small selection of snacks. Patrons participate in the design process of its owner/designer, LIVStudio, by rating a rotating selection of sleek, high-design chairs, stools, and tables.
Led by distiller Rob Masters, The Family Jones distillery employs Colorado water, locally sourced grains, and thoughtfully curated botanicals. The result: sustainably produced libations characterized by nuance and texture.
Rocky Ford Cocktail Week runs through Sept 1 at Greenlight Lab. Rocky Ford melon harvest lasts through mid-September, or until the melons are gone!
- What: Rocky Ford Cocktail Week
- When: August 28 - Sept 1
- Where: Greenlight Lab, 1336 27th St, Denver, CO 80205